"An American Hero you may not remember: "My father was a slave and my people died to build this country, and I'm going to stay right here and have a part of it, just like you. And no fascist-minded people like you will drive me from it. Is that clear? -- Paul Robeson (1898-1976) during his testimony before the House Un-American Activities Committee, June 12, 1956." He fought against Fascism in the Spanish Civil War, as did many Americans and Brits who knewFascism had to be fought.Biddy Craft

"An American Hero you may not remember: "My father was a slave and my people died to build this country, and I'm going to stay right here and have a part of it, just like you. And no fascist-minded people like you will drive me from it. Is that clear? -- Paul Robeson (1898-1976) during his testimony before the House Un-American Activities Committee, June 12, 1956." He fought against Fascism in the Spanish Civil War, as did many Americans and Brits who knewFascism had to be fought.Biddy Craft