On 10/15/1888, half a kidney and a letter almost certainly written by the real Jack the Ripper were sent to George Lusk, the head of the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee. The text reads: "From hell/Mr Lusk/Sor/I send you half the/Kidne I took from one women/prasarved it for you tother piece/ I fried and ate it was very nise. I/ may send you the bloody knif that/ took it out if you only wate a whil/ longer./ signed/ Catch me when/ you Can/ Mishter Lusk./ "

On 10/15/1888, half a kidney and a letter almost certainly written by the real Jack the Ripper were sent to George Lusk, the head of the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee. The text reads: "From hell/Mr Lusk/Sor/I send you half the/Kidne I took from one women/prasarved it for you tother piece/ I fried and ate it was very nise. I/ may send you the bloody knif that/ took it out if you only wate a whil/ longer./ signed/ Catch me when/ you Can/ Mishter Lusk./ "