Wallaces Well - Wallace admitted all the charges but treason, arguing in his defence:I cannot be a traitor,for I owe Edward no allegiance.He is not my Sovereign;he never received my homage;whilst life is in this persecuted body,he never shall receive it.To the other points whereof I am accused,I freely confess them all.As Governor of my country I have been an enemy to its enemies;I have slain the English;I have mortally opposed the English King...

Wallaces Well - Wallace admitted all the charges but treason, arguing in his defence:I cannot be a traitor,for I owe Edward no allegiance.He is not my Sovereign;he never received my homage;whilst life is in this persecuted body,he never shall receive it.To the other points whereof I am accused,I freely confess them all.As Governor of my country I have been an enemy to its enemies;I have slain the English;I have mortally opposed the English King...